Saturday, October 28, 2006

Art is a very instinctive process for me, I do very little thinking about the way things work in art and color theory. Tonight Emma was painted some drawings she made and while I was helping her clean up I pointed out that she could use less paint next time because she had a lot of green left over. Emma said she was trying to make brown, so I told her that she should have put more red in to bring it back to brown. She said she used red blue and yellow, then I said if the color was too orange you should add more blue and Emma said so you add more of what ever color isn't being used(of the three primary's) to make it more brown. I had to stop and picture the process and she was exactly right. I was very proud of her and think its neat how she thinks differently and taught me something about art.

No comments: